If users are not seeing the SLX Desktop Integration in Outlook after installing SLX Desktop Integration there are two troubleshooting steps that will need to be performed
Unable to Run jobs in the Job Manager
In the unusual circumstance where you as the INFORCRM admin need to grant access to the Application Architect
Update - Chrome has released a new version Version 51.0.2704.84 m that corrects the pages will not load and hang on a spinning wheel issues.
The Lead conversion to a contact will fail if you are not filling in the entire address for the lead. There won't be any message telling the user that the address is insufficient just a failure
If this is a constant issue in the Event viewer "ERROR Sage.SalesLogix.Web.SLXMembershipProvider - No error message available, result code: E_FAIL(0x80004005)." It may be due
As an InforCRM Administrator, you may want to disable Outlook Sync for contacts.
Start by determining if this is a click-to-run Office 2013 install
I thought I had seen all the issues affecting the datalink but this was a new one. We could not login to the Administrator or Application Architect
If the Speedsearch Server is returning an error "Unable to locate the SpeedSearch Directory" and the path the system returns is \server\SaleslogixSpeedsearch
If you started with an earlier version of SalesLogix Mobile, let's say version 7.5.4, and customized the mobile platform at level 1.2 you may find the mobile client no longer runs and the existing custom screens don't allow you to upgrade to version 3.0.4. You have two options here - have someone recreate the custom screens for version 3.0.4 or remove the customized screens and start over with a basic mobile v3.0.4.
We have see an issue with SalesLogix v8.0 and v8.1 web clients where randomly all users are bounced due to an IIS service Issue. After looking into the SalesLogix logs we found the "authentication token is invalid" error repeatedly. While this error usually is indicative of a bad logon attempt in this case it was a by product of the IIS service dropping. At this time McAfee does not have a hot fix so SalesLogix Web admins should run the...
After installing Xbar 1.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 server the Xbar application was not available in Outlook 2010. It was present in the Outlook Add-ins
ComboFix, a third party malware utility, will alter the Operating system so .qts and .que files will no longer process and complete the sync cycle. To check for ComboFix look for the following dir "C:QooBox". Once it is determined ComboFix was run on this workstation here are the steps you will need to take. 1. Backup the registry. 2. Open Registry Editor. 3. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemControlSet001ControlFileSystem and in the righ...
When installing the new XBar application I found the instructions a little vague so I thought I would pass on a clarification.
Often times a web implementation will have an application server that is used to deploy the web portals to a web host server. When the Saleslogix web client and SData portals are deployed and then tested an Internal Server Error is encountered on the URL, similar to the following: Http://Webserver:3333/slxclient/slxdata.ashx/$app/scheduling/-/executions?
If you see an error like this "The following SData diagnosis occurred: Description=Operation failed. Message=Could not load type 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces.ICollection`1' from assembly 'Sage.Entity.Interfaces'. HTTP status: Internal Server Error (500)." in the web client when opening an entity the issue could be a corrupted group.
If your company is using windows authentication in the SalesLogix Web client then you will want to use Windows Authentication for your mobile clients.
Every so often we hear that a user can no longer add products to an opportunity whether it is a new opportunity or an existing opportunity. The add product plus sign is missing for no apparent reason.
We had a user looking up an opportunity by description so they could attach an email to the Opportunity. This brought the SData feature of SalesLogix into play since it is used by the SLXDesktop integration. However the Opportunity Lookup returned SData 500 error Internal Server Error.