How do I fix a corrupt Picklist in Infor CRM version 8.1?

 Question:

 I had a user ask how to fix a corrupt picklist.

The picklist did not show any values when trying to edit the picklist values in the Administrator section of the Web Client .

You are able to add a new entry and it shows up in the picklist, but the existing values are not there.

 

 Answer:

The picklist we were dealing with is fairly short, so I recommended to the user to delete all existing items in the actual database, then add the values back again, so that you could edit them when necessary.

To do this, I first queried the database for a value that I knew was in the picklist. Ie. Value A

Select * from sysdba.picklist where text = ‘Value A’

 

Once I had the results, I could find the picklistid. I took the picklistid  kSYSTt0001301 and queried the database for all the entries in the database. 

Select * from sysdba.picklist where
picklistid = ‘kSYSTt0001301’

 

I took a screen shot of the entries so I would have them for data imput later.

 

Then I delete all of the entries.

 

Delete

from sysdba.Picklist where picklistid = ‘kSYSTt0001301’

 

Then I logged back into the Web Client as Admin, went into picklists and added the entries from the screenshot that I made.

I am now able to add, edit and delete.

I don’t know why this picklist was corrupt, but all is well now. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Dale Richter

Director of Training- I have worked with Customer FX since 1997

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest Infor CRM (Saleslogix) news and product updates!

You have Successfully Subscribed!