Infor CRM (Formerly Saleslogix) Picklist Caching in the Web Client

We recently had a client that was using IE (I know, ish) to view the web client.  They were seeing a picklist with entries that were not in the system.  It was like the picklists had been cached.  In fact, I think this to be the case.  In order to speed up picklist performance the web client is caching picklist somehow for the browser.  The problem arose when I tried to delete the browser cache to clean up the picklist, the choices still persisted. 

 The solution I eventually found, was to go into Administration…Picklists and add a new picklist item to any picklist.  I then immediately removed the item.  bingo!  The browser’s picklist cache was refreshed and the correct items were showing.

This was something I have not seen before.  It was on the v8.1.5 client.  So if you ever run into this behavior, try this fix.  It may save you some time.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Kris Halsrud

Kris Halsrud is a Senior Analyst / Developer for Customer FX Corporation.

1 Comment

  1. Kris,

    Wanted to point out that sometimes the following steps may also help resolve the issue:
    In the web client, click on Tools menu –> Options –> General Tab –> Click on the Refresh Picklist Data button.

    Thanks!
    Anosh

    Reply

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest Infor CRM (Saleslogix) news and product updates!

You have Successfully Subscribed!