The question of how to debug a .NET Extension has come up a few times in the SalesLogix Business Partner newsgroups as well as on the slxdeveloper.com forums. I've answered this a few times in those locations, so this might be a repeat of info for some, but I did think it was worthwhile to post again here as well.
Here's a step by step to debug your SalesLogix .NET Extension:
- Create your .NET Extension and compile it in debug mode
- Add it to the Extension Manager and add whatever scripts to launch it
- While the project is open in VS, go to "Debug" and then "Attach to Process".
- Find "SalesLogix" on the list of running processes. Select it and then use the "Select" button to ensure that you've chosen to debug "Managed".
- Set a break-point in VS in your code
- Run the script that uses the extension and it will stop at your break-point.