A notice was sent out by the business alerting tool KnowledgeSync about upcoming ability to embed alerts as web pages in the SalesLogix 7.5 Web client.This is really cool news as it would allow for a lot of great possibilities for displaying data from across an enterprise in the SalesLogix client. Here is the information:
Sage KnowledgeSync News: Dashboards in SalesLogix
Want to display alerts right in your SalesLogix window? Need to access executive dashboards that show forecast or other data?
KnowledgeSync Dashboards for SalesLogix is a new technology jointly developed between SalesLogix and Vineyardsoft Corporation, for SalesLogix 7.5, and was shown last week in a webinar hosted by Sage SalesLogix. The "Alert Dashboards" are HTML pages that show the results of KnowledgeSync events. There is no limit to the number of dashboards that can be created, and they typically provide visibility into a certain segment of business – such as the sales pipeline, hot new leads, high priority support tickets, and so on.
Some of the key points about these dashboards:
- Configured without programming; you don’t even need to know HTML syntax
- Auto-Updating; as business conditions change, the dashboard content is automatically updated
- They appear as individual tabs within SalesLogix
- They provide drill-down capabilities, so you can click on data within the dashboard and open up the corresponding SalesLogix record
- They can show data from SalesLogix, they can show data from other apps (e.g., from the MAS Financials) and a single dashboard can show data from multiple apps (e.g., SLX and MAS)