Question: I'm saving SalesLogix attachments on a hard drive that is beginning to
fill up. I would like to change the path to where the attachments save
to a different drive. Can I do this?
Answer: Attachments are not on a drive, they are in a share, so you will need to do this:
1. Shutdown all access to the main SalesLogix database.
2. Find another location for the attachments.
3. Create a new share name and allow everyone full control.
4. Copy everything to the new share.
5. Change the path using the Admin tool (Systems.. Offices).
6. Allow access.
Keep in mind, you can not split the attachments among several drives. They have to reside within 1 share.