Here is an error that we have seen in the SalesLogix LAN clients...This fix will help you avoid a complete uninstall and reinstall.
User Option not found PersonalLayout:ActivityLayout
The problem is probably related to contaminated user entries in the USEROPTIONS table. To fix the problem, perform the below procedure one effected user at a time. (Please perform this procedure on a test database before executing it on your production database.)
Have the user logout of SalesLogix before performing the below.
1. Log on to the Administrator.
2. Select the Users icon.
3. Right-click and select Columns.
4. Select the DB User ID checkbox.
5. Click the OK button. Take note of the DB User ID for the problem user.
6. From the Tools menu, click Execute SQL.
7. Right-click and select Add.
8. Enter the following statement:
DELETE FROM USEROPTIONS WHERE USERID = 'dbuserid'
--(substitute the actual db userid obtained in step 5)
9. Click the Test button.
10. Click the Yes button.
11. Click the OK button twice.
12. Back at the "Execute SQL" window select the "Execute statements on the Host Database" option, select all available remotes, and click the "Execute" button.
13. Click the Yes button.
14. Click the OK button.
15. Click the Close button.
16. Have the user login to SalesLogix and reset their preferences via the "Options" item under the "Tools" menu.
If the above doesn't help, delete the Client, Design, & SalesLogix keys under the Current User>Software>SalesLogix registry section. Also, try deleting the contents of the Cache folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applications\SalesLogix.