- Programatically select row(s)
- Programatically set the group column(s)
- Display images in the grid.
- Apply formatting to columns (ie currency, dates, etc).
- Automatic fltering. The end-user can filter it’s content easily.
- Built-in functionality for exporting grid contents to Excel, HTML, more
I started using 3rd party grid control with SLX. It looks just like the SLX grid control – but it works! Many Business Partners have expressed (quite loudly) their displeasure (disgust?) with the existing SalesLogix grid control. Functionality that is just missing or just plain doesn’t work or falls short. I moved to this control and have been very pleased.
It is the XpressQuantumGrid control from Developer Express:
Very easy to use. Here are some things I’ve seen voiced by others that actually work in this grid.
Best part is that you work with the grid very similarly to how you work with the SalesLogix grid control.
As far as distribution, there is a single DLL, no runtimes. SLX will suck the DLL into the database and install it the first time a user opens the form that it is on. No need for an additional installation.
Price is not bad at all. It is per-developer with 100% royalty-free distribution. Single developer license is $149. Not bad at all.