I recently was asked to disable the integration with Outlook 2007 for a user. They did not want to see the SalesLogix Icons in Outlook any longer and did not want to be prompted to login to the SalesLogix database when opening Outlook. This seemed like a strange request considering I am usually asked to restore the integration! Anyway….here is what you need to do. Find the slmn.dll and the slxab32.dll in the Program FilesSalesLogix folder and rename the extensions so they are no longer recognized as .dll files. Reboot and the prompt to login to the SalesLogix db when opening Outlook will be gone. To restore Outlook Integration rename the extensions to .dll and reboot again.
Disabling Outlook Integration with SalesLogix 7.x
by Mark Duthoy | Apr 17, 2009 | Infor CRM | 1 comment
Connect With Us
- Which Versions of Windows and SQL Should I Use With Infor CRM SLX 9.0?
- Copying a Record from Client-Side Code Using the Model Class in a Creatio Freedom UI Page
- Marketing solutions for Infor CRM – Cost comparison
- Creatio Marketing integration for Infor CRM
- Deleting a Record from Client-Side Code using the Model Class in a Creatio Freedom UI Page
- Email Search in Communication Panel Add-on for Creatio
- Case Stage Color Coding Add-on for Creatio
- Recently Viewed Records Add-on for Creatio
- Filter Highlighting Add-on for Creatio