Updating Sage SalesLogix Problem Analysis Crystal Report

Today we are going to update a report that I reviewed Feb 5th 2009, the Sage SalesLogix Problem Analysis Crystal Report.  


Start Excerpt……………


I really like this first report called the Support Problem Analysis.  The report uses the condition fields of Assigned User and Assigned Date.  When running the report you are prompted with a date range parameter.  The report then counts and totals the number of Tickets by Area, Category, and Issue within the date range entered. 



My suggestions for improvements to this report are limited to the dotted lines.  Although they get you pointed in the right direction so you can find the count, I believe we could format the sections of this report using shading and/or labeling to make the report look more professional.   But again, I really like this report, it is simple and concise, and gets the point across effectively.


End Excerpt……………..


From the post above it looks like all I want to do is make this report a little easier on the eyes, maybe less complicated to look at.  But as I prepared for this post I noticed that the report was not totaling correctly.  This was caused by not accounting for the records where an Area was selected but not a Category or an Issue. This will make updating this report a little more complicated but it will be fun all the same.  Lets get going! 


First thing for this report is that it allows in Tickets where no Area, Issue, or Category have been selected.  This leaves a blank space at the beginning of the report.  I adjusted this by adding the following to the Record Selection Formula of the report. 


      ({TICKET.AREA}>””


I want to use some counts to help format the report a bit so I need some accurate counts.  I am going to change the following formula fields to they add up accurately in the report.


      IssueCount:


      if {TICKET.ISSUE}>”” then 1 else 0


     CategoryCount:


     if {TICKET.CATEGORY}>”” then 1 else 0


I then added the following formula fields:


      CountNoCategory:  This counts those tickets where a Area was selected but not a Category or Issue.


      if IsNull({TICKET.CATEGORY}) or {TICKET.CATEGORY}=”” then 1 Else 0


      CountNoIssue:  This counts those tickets where a Area and Category was selected but not an Issue.


      If IsNull({TICKET.ISSUE}) or {TICKET.ISSUE}=”” then 1 else 0


      TotalIssue:         Totals the sum of the IssueCount and CountNoIssue


      Count ({TICKET.issue},{@Issue})+{@CountNoIssue}


      TotalCategory:    Totals the sum of the CategoryCount and CountNoCategory


      Count ({TICKET.category},{@Category}) + {@CountNoCategory}


      Category:  I will use this to group by, allows me to account for those records where an Area was selected but not and Category or Issue.


      if isNull({TICKET.CATEGORY}) or {TICKET.CATEGORY} = “” then”Area Selected but No Issue or Category” else {TICKET.CATEGORY} 


      Issue: Again we group by this field, which allows me to account for those records where an Area and Category was selected but not an Issue.


      if IsNull({TICKET.ISSUE}) or {TICKET.ISSUE}=””  then “Category Selected but Issue was Not” else {TICKET.ISSUE}


Lets work these fields into our report. I added the CategoryCount to Group Header 2 and IssueCount 2 Group Header 3.  Now Right click on each field and select Insert and then Summary from the list that appear.  Insert the summary for CategoryCount to the footer of Group 1 and the summary for IssueCount to the footer of Group 2. 

Lets add a section to hold  the Category and Issue labels for this report in Group Header 1 To add sections to the report simply right click on the Group Header and select “Insert Section Below” from the list that appears.  When you are done you will have a Group Header 1a, 1b, Drag the Category and Issue labels to Group Header 1b

I need to Change the Grouping for both Groups 2 and 3, Group 2 will change to the formula field “Category” and Group 3 will change to the formula field “Issue”.  Since I change the group I need to change the field that is listing the data in the report.  I replaced TICKET.CATEGORY and the formula field Category Count in Group Header 2 with the formula fields “Category” and “Total Category”.  Then I replaced TICKET.ISSUE and the formula field Category Count in Group Header 2 with the formula fields “Category” and “Total Category”  I  and the TICKET.ISSUE field in Group HEader 3 will change to the formula field “Issue”. 


Now we need some supression formulas to remove redundant displays of data. This formula went into Group Headers 1bHeadersuppression and 3b.


if {@Category} =”Area Selected but No Issue or Category” then true else false


Now all I did was play around with alignments, box controls and additional labels.  This is a lot easier to read and the numbers are coming up accurate. 



 Have a great weekend everyone.


Download the updated Report here and thanks for reading.


Get all of our Free SalesLogix Reports here…

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest Infor CRM (Saleslogix) and Creatio (bpm'online) news and product updates!

You have Successfully Subscribed!