An industry observation.
An industry analyst, Gabriel Gheorghiu, recently attended a SalesLogix v7.5.2 webinar and he wrote a blog about his experience. Below are a couple of paragraphs from the blog:
“A couple of weeks ago, I viewed a webinar about Sage SalesLogix
v7.5.2. I usually see a few webinars every month but I particularly
liked this one. The presenter—Jason Askelson, Director of Professional
Services—did a very good job at showing the highlights of the new
release, providing a comparison between the previous version and the
new one, giving an overview of the mobile version, and of how to ensure
a successful upgrade and/or migration.
Highlights of Version 7.5.2
Here are some of the options available in the new version:
• unicode support for fields (multiple languages can be used in the same screen)
• availability of updated technical documentation for the product
• enhanced e-mail attachment handling
• new Web client features for activities, calendaring, sales orders, and sales libraries
People attending the webinar were able to see screen shots of some of the new features and even preview a short demo.
Old Functionality vs. New Functionality
I was surprised that the previous version of SalesLogix did not have
options that could be considered as basic functionality in most
customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Here are a few examples:
– In the activity reminders screen, you can use the snooze
functionality on one, multiple, or all reminders in one shot. In the
previous version, you had to select a single record at a time or all,
but not multiple.
– You can drill down to an activity from both the grid and the detail section. This wasn’t available in the previous version.
SalesLogix is using honesty as a sales strategy, which—in my
opinion—is better than trying to hide problems and only showing the
strengths of the new version.”
To read the entire article click here.