Import data into Sage CRM
I blog often about importing, and today I am going to blog about importing into SageCRM.
When you import, make sure that your data is very clean. Expect that you may have to end your import several times and go back and clean up data.
Some of the things you need to watch for are:
1. Make sure that any fields that are required when you manually enter a new contact will be required to have data during your import.
2. For both the Company and Person fields, you need to have deduplication applied or your import will not run.
3. When you import records you should also import a territory with each record, otherwise all of the records are placed in the Worldwide default territory.
4. Import an Account Rep with each of the records to place the records in a specific users “My CRM”.
5. Remember, that you are able to add columns of data into your .csv file and run your import several times. You can just choose to merge the contacts upon import. These will merge the new data with the existing data.
If you make sure all of the above are correct, you will be well on your way to a great import.