Here are some simple steps you can take to help accomplish a build/deploy if you are having issues with your Infor CRM system:
1. Close your Application Manager and reopen it.
2. Reboot your Web Server.
3. Reboot your Sql Server
4. Create a Project backup and test that on your Test system. If they are no issues on the Test system, the issues with the Build/Deploy are definitely environment related.
5. Look at the C:\windows\system32\cliconfg.exe file. Double click on it and make sure TCP/IP* is enabled.
6. Once enabled, set the server name in the alias to the SQL server hosting the Infor CRM database.
7. Reopen the Application Architect and try to Build/Deploy again.
*If TCP/IP is not enabled, the system may be trying to use a different method which may be slower. By enabling TCP/IP you are enabling the most efficient method of data transfer.