I recently received a tip from a Swiftpage employee about how to speed up the running of Crystal Reports in Saleslogix. It seemed like it really helped in some reports.
The Crystal .Net API used for web reporting can take a long time to load reports, usually when applying connection information and also when validating the defined printer on a report. Crystal searches for that printer until it timeouts. The following steps can help resolve these issues:
1. Check out and edit the report from within Architect.exe.
2. Select File | Page Setup.
3. Check the “No Printer” option if it is not already checked.
4. Check the “Disassociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size” option and click OK.
5. Select File | Report Options.
6. Uncheck the “Verify on First Refresh” option.
7. Check the “Use Indexes Or Server for Speed” option.
8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 for all sub-reports in addition to the main report.
9. Test the report in the Crystal Reports Designer.
10. Check in the report.
11. Verify that the report is working in the client before releasing.
12. Release the report.