We are creating SalesLogix field level security for my sales agents and, of course, don’t have access to these tables. Is there a way to add this in after the fact? Do these have to be rebuilt from scratch? Is there any simple solution for this one?
If all you need is read-only for a certain group….
here’s what I’d do:
1) Add a tag value to all the fields you want to make readonly. Like 2 or 3
2) On Form Change or Open … Capture the username and determine if they are in a group that access full or readonly access.
3) If they have full access do nothing
4) If they are suppose to have readonly access use a For Each Loop using the Form.Controls collection and if the tag property = 2 then set it to readonly=True
5) Using this method you could do this on a number of different forms by copying and pasting your code or putting it into an include script.