We are creating SalesLogix field level security for my sales agents and, of course, don’t have access to these tables. Is there a way to add this in after the fact? Do these have to be rebuilt from scratch? Is there any simple solution for this one?
If all you need is read-only for a certain group….
here’s what I’d do:
1) Add a tag value to all the fields you want to make readonly. Like 2 or 3
2) On Form Change or Open … Capture the username and determine if they are in a group that access full or readonly access.
3) If they have full access do nothing
4) If they are suppose to have readonly access use a For Each Loop using the Form.Controls collection and if the tag property = 2 then set it to readonly=True
5) Using this method you could do this on a number of different forms by copying and pasting your code or putting it into an include script.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest Infor CRM (Saleslogix) and Creatio (bpm'online) news and product updates!
You have Successfully Subscribed!