As Jason mentioned in his article here, starting in SalesLogix 7.5.1, Sage released an undocumented Reporting enhancement that allowed for interacting with the SalesLogix web reporting Server. The SalesLogix 7.5.2 release had this API enhancement built in, however little documentation exists and now standard samples are used in the web client.
Hopefully this article will help out those who are trying to figure this out.
If you examine the java script file you can see the various exposed methods available they include:
- ShowReport(ReportNameOrId, EntityTableName, EntityId) – Shows the report defined by ReportNameOrId using the EntityTableName and EntityId values.
- ShowReportByName(ReportName) – Displays a report by FAMILY:NAME. The report should be based on the main table associated with the current view.
- ShowReportById(ReportId) – Displays a report by PLUGIN.PLUGINID. The report should be based on the main table associated with the current view.
- GetReportId(S) – Returns the PLUGIN.PLUGINID associated with the report defined by the S parameter (In the FAMILY:NAME format).
- GetCurrentReport() – Returns the report associated with the current view, if any (Outputs in the FAMILY:NAME format).
- PopulateGlobals(ReportId, EntityTableName, EntityId) – Populates the global report variables used in ShowReport.ascx (in Sage.SalesLogix.Client.Reports.Helper.dll).
- ShowDefaultReport() – Displays the default report for the current view and entity, if a report has been associated with the view. Defaults are defined at the top of the java script file.