Sage recently provided me with some additional technical details on the SalesLogix Cloud Edition.
On security, the SalesLogix Cloud solution has multiple levels of security, including Amazon’s security, SalesLogix environment security, and SalesLogix application security. Here is a link to Amazons security measures: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=1697
On the SalesLogix Environment security, we have implemented the following measures:
– The environment is a 2 server setup (web and database) Separate web and db servers – only internal traffic is allowed between the web and database servers.
– Firewall with tightly locked down ports – With the default configuration only ports 80 and 443 are open on the web server only and port 3389 is open on both servers. For further security, we can also limit these ports to specific ip addresses or ip address ranges.
– SSL – The site is secured with an SSL certificate
– Backups – Backups take place nightly.
– Strong Passwords are implemented throughout the system
On bandwidth, Amazon provides up to 250 Mbps.
On failover, this is one of the great advantages of the cloud – virtualized environment. Amazon commits to having a virtual server recovered and up and running again within 5 minutes of failure.