Field level security restrictions causing errors in the SalesLogix Web Client

I recently had a client that was experiencing errors trying to navigate to Account records in the SalesLogix web client.  The errors that were displaying were similar to: “Component Parameter name: The argument component cannot be null.”

A search of the event logs on the web server reveled errors like so:  Component Parameter name: The argument component cannot be null. at
Sage.Platform.Exceptions.Guard.ArgumentNotNull(Object argumentValue, String
argumentName) at Sage.Platform.ComponentModel.ComponentView..ctor(Object
component, ComponentViewPropertyDescriptor[] extendedProperties) at
Sage.Platform.ComponentModel.ComponentView..ctor(Object component) at
Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Binding.WebEntityListBindingSource.convertTypedCollectionToComponentView(Int32
maximumRows, Int32 startRowIndex, String sortProperty, SortDirection
sortDirection) at
Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Binding.WebEntityListBindingSource.getFullCollectionList(Int32
maximumRows, Int32 startRowIndex, String sortProperty, SortDirection
sortDirection, Boolean asComponentView) at
Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Binding.WebEntityListBindingSource.GetData(Int32
maximumRows, Int32 startRowIndex, String sortProperty, SortDirection
sortDirection, Boolean asComponentView) at
Sage.Platform.WebPortal.Binding.WebEntityListBindingSource.GetData(Int32
maximumRows, Int32 startRowIndex, String sortExpression)

 

After digging what I discovered was the error was coming from the Account Opportunities tab.  The user that was experiencing the errors had restricted field level security to the Opportunity table.  One of the restrictions was the Status field was set to no access.  The Web client has several computed entity fields showing $ per status that is then displayed on the Opportunity tab at the Account.  Because of the field level security on the Status field, the entity level formulas were what was causing the errors.  Adding Status back as a read-only field in their field level security fixed the issue.

On a related not I also noticed that the Opportunity groups would not work until I added back in field level access to the following Opportunity fields: OpportunityID, AccountID, SeccodeID.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Kris Halsrud

Kris Halsrud is a Senior Analyst / Developer for Customer FX Corporation.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest Infor CRM (Saleslogix) and Creatio (bpm'online) news and product updates!

You have Successfully Subscribed!