In my last blog I talked about how to fix timeless activities to show the correct date in sdata grids. A different fix needs to be put in place in order to have these same dates show correctly if they are added to a column in a group layout for the Infor CRM 8.3.09 web […]
We had an issue with the Database Manager on our 8.3.6 Infor system where the Database Manager would start to open all of the tables but at the last table, it would hang and eventually crash the Administrator or the Architect. The tables would open correctly in SQL Management Studio so we felt certain the database was not corrupted.
In a previous post I discussed using the slxprofiler to find bottlenecks in SalesLogix sql statements. Today we will examine one query and create an Index with the Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
If someone has deleted an existing SalesProcess and you need to restore it you can follow this guide.
In older databases, the main tables are locked down, which is why we always used extension tables. However, you can get around that by setting the UserDef field in the SecTableDefs table to "T" for all records where tablename = Whatever tablename your looking at. If there's a specific requirement for those fields to be in the main table, then we'll temporarily make that change to the sectabledefs data to add the fields.
If a SalesLogix 7.5.1 Web Client user is unable to access a particular type of page, (Account, Contact, or Opportunity pages for example) even when the SalesLogix login is performed at different workstations, and other users do not experience the same problem, it probably is due
The SalesLogix WGLogs folder contains all the files the system has created for syncing data from the main database to remote users. If you have installed the Synchronization server and ran an initial sync these log files will continue to build in the WGLogs folder until the sync server runs and removes all but the active log file.
After a recent import into SageCRM we noticed the Person table did not reflect the same Account Manager when those people are in the same Company. We decided to update the tables in SQL rather then rerun the import and risk overwriting any new data
In SalesLogix 7.5.1 Web client on a SQL2005 database there is a known defect where null values in the activity table prevent users from seeing activities in the Activities View. We have used scripts to correct the issue but those scripts must be run every time the issue reappears.
I recently assisted a client with restoring the Close Opportunity Form that appears when you select "Closed - Won" from the Opportunity Status field. The form is dependent on
We recently helped a client with an issue on a custom date field. Here is the problem. When entering 11/2/08 into a custom date field, the date changes to 11/1/08 (ironically enough this is the day that Day Light Savings Ends).
We recently corrected a database that was upgraded to 7.5.1 and after the upgrade the Activities were no longer visible in the web client Activities Window. The Activity window in the LAN client continued to display Activities.
We were recently asked if SalesLogix Mobile could run under SSL and the easy answer is yes. Simply check on the use SSL in the SalesLogix Mobile Platform Setup and select the correct port. SSL provides an added layer of protection for data transmitted through http by encrypting the data
On SalesLogix pre-6.2 systems, the address Description was not considered when comparing Account and Contact addresses for the purpose of propagating a changed Account address to a matching Contact address. However, with 6.2 and above, if the Address Descriptions do not match, the addresses are not considered a match.
During a recent trial upgrade from SalesLogix 7.2 Web to 7.5 Web we encountered the following error while browsing through the web client- "No row with the given identifier
Here is a tip that SalesLogix Admins can use when they upgrade to SalesLogix 7.5 and use KnowledgeSync
I was working with a client recently and asked him to install a bundle logged in as the administrator. As I followed along I saw he had successfully installed and released the bundle to all users. In addition to the bundle there was some script changes we needed to implement.
In a recent situation we were asked to install a remote SalesLogix 7.0 SQL2000 database on a notebook with SQL 2005 Server. We were able to remove SQL Server 2005 in this case but when we attempted to install MSDE we were prompted to use a strong password and the installation stopped until we added that switch.
Here is an error that we have seen in the SalesLogix LAN clients...This fix will help you avoid a complete uninstall and reinstall. Exception EOleException:
It comes up quite frequently that there are records owned by a user so you cannot retire that user. If you have reassigned all activity records and realigned all account and contact records with the territory realignment tool then there may be private records owned by this user